After the Parkland shooting, we were asking God if there is anything we could do to increase prayer covering for our schools!
The evils of society, and the Enemy of our soul is in a relentless pursuit to ‘steal, kill and destroy’ the innocence, potential and very lives of this young generation. Today the wall of protection that should be guarding our children and youth, is ‘broken down.’
I am sharing with the Body of Christ, a vision God has given of expanding the influence of prayer over schools in our region.
This is a prayer strategy, developed by Houston ministry leaders to engage churches in committed prayer relationships with their local schools. We want to ask every church and prayer ministry do its part to rebuild the ‘broken walls’ and make a commitment to “Shield a School with Prayer” in your community. We also encourage you to involve your youth/students in EVERY STEP of the process.
How to Shield a School with Prayer
1. Identify a school in your community to Shield with Prayer; and commit for 1 year.
2. Connect with a school representative in your chosen school.Their only responsibility would be to share prayer requests and needs; and serve as a liaison with your church/prayer ministry. (If needed, iPray on Campus will help you connect with a school representative -please contact us)
3. Register your church in the Shield a School with Prayer. Registration will help us track the scope and location of prayer covering in our local schools. Like the Facebook page, iPrayonCampus, for information on how to lead a prayer and join others in the city praying.
4. Create a prayer wall or prayer altar somewhere in your church; where staff names, student groups, prayer requests could be posted and prayed for. You can download resources such as banners and logos here.
5. Encourage your students to pray on campus 5 minutes a day, every day. (Seewww.iprayoncampus.org) on how to pray.